We are committed to sourcing and managing our natural resources in the most efficient and responsible way possible, assuring sustainable forest management practices while keeping transparent processes across the supply chain. Iberia Bioenergy originates and trades forestry resources with full environmental responsibility and in a sustainable way.
Iberia Bioenergy’s chain of custody practices comprise a thorough monitorization and risk management system that assures traceability along the supply chain tracking certified and sustainable materials along the whole process.
We work closely with our suppliers to achieve the best sustainability standards from origin. We put all our effort to assure good management practices from origination and sourcing of the raw materials upon delivery.
We put our commitment into action through voluntary participation in two industry leading forest Chain of Custody certification schemes
- The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®)
- The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC™)
Moreover, in compliance with the leading certification schemes, a third-party verified approach means that we can guarantee sustainability at every stage of the Being in compliance with the leading certification schemes, a third-party verified approach, means that we can guarantee sustainability at every stage of the harvesting, transformation and transport process, literally from the forest to the final user.
Iberia Bioenergy adapts to the emerging legislation worldwide to halt the trade of illegally harvested timber.
We partner with supply chain participants that are willing to embrace our sustainability principles.
- Due Diligence System: conducting the necessary supply chain evaluation before any raw materials are traded.
- Risk assessments: pre-emptive measures are the key to prevent timber from controversial sources entering the supply chain, keeping risk at minimum levels.
- Traceability: through a management system that assures accessible and accurate information at any point along the supply chain.
- Quality Control: through a detail oriented system that helps us keep high quality and safety standards from origination onwards.
- Third party verification approach: our system is subject to third party’s verification guaranteeing integrity and good practice.